Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Non-Portrait Portrait Project






This project turned out way different from what i expected; my initial concept completely changed, I instead decided to reflect upon my past projects about identity and I felt this was a opportune moment to challenge identity. My second picture of the river was a reflection on mirroring movements and safe places, this is somewhere that I like to go by myself.
Both were done with long exposures on a digital camera, there was no manipulation in photoshop to get the blurred movements.
Something I wish to work on would be trying to use roughly the same aperture so I could have nearly the same depth of field and to mirror the movements of the river a little better, but I took the portrait first and didn't think about it until I saw the photos side-by-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment