Monday, January 12, 2015

Old Work 1-11-15

This photo is a part of a series I did in the spring of 2014 for my Photo 1 final. I based my works on E.J. Bellocq and ParkeHarrison, who’s dark and surreal photographs create a macabre scene. The photos I took were made specifically after the Gothic theme of a lack of identity. This photo, which is just one in the series, gives a dark, paranormal feel with the girl’s face blurred and the forest surrounding her. What I want to revisit is the theme of a lack of identity, specifically with the same technique of long exposure to blur movements and faces. The reason I picked a lack of identity as a theme is due to show changing social norms and expectations of individuals. One could read into this theme it more to relate to gender, sexuality, race or disability, which is something that I want to continue working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment