Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Denver: Day One and Two

Denver has basically been a vacation away from vacation.
After a while camping gets a little tiring, so staying at Cashel's place has been amazing!
Today we made breakfast, hung out, got ice cream, then went on a cave tour, so all around it was a nice day.
Elementary school turned brewery

Cool mural at brewery

Pre-cave tour

Lantern tour

Cave stuff

Tomorrow we will have another full day to do whatever we want, as well as get ready to head off to Mt. Rushmore the following day.
I will be sad to leave this place after the comfort of staying at a friend's house, but I know the second half of the trip is going to go by fast!
After Mt. Rushmore we will be staying at Big Horn for one night, then the Grand Tetons for one night, and then after that it will be all Yellowstone for three nights, including the 4th of July, which might be interesting in a National Park (even though I don't really like 4th of July).
After tonight (Tuesday) we will have 16 nights until we're home, which kinda seems like a lot, but I know the second half of the trip will fly by!
I'm very excited to visit Yellowstone, again, for the third time in my life; I've visited it two times before for my Grandpa's artist rendezvous, but this time I won't be fed fancy food the entire time or have a scheduled set of events, so we will see how this trip will be different!
So, the question is: where should we go? I basically have to memory of distinct places to see other than Old Faithful area, so suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Grace, if you haven't seen the old faithful lodge you might find it really interesting inside with the amazing use of the logs used to construct it. Of course the thermal pools with all the colors are beautiful. So much to see and so little time to do it. Love ya GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't like the 4th of July?
    Maybe you need to make another flag dress. ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete