Thursday, June 23, 2016

Zion: Day One

Yikes! 
I do not like the hot, humid heat. 
I do not like it here. I do not like it there. I do not like it in a box with a fox. 
You get it. 
We've barely been here since we arrived around 4 pacific/ 5 mountain time and it's a 104 degrees. 
Hopefully tomorrow we can avoid the heat as much as possible by going to the narrows and lower emerald pool trail. 
We spent most of the day going to some last minute driving spots as recommended by a friendly gas station attendant, like imperial point(?)...
And cape something?...
I think I'm going to miss north Grand Canyon a lot! If anyone is interested in traveling in this area, I highly recommend it! 
I keep counting down the days in my head until Colorado (which is five), where Syd and I are meeting up with my friend Cashel! At that point it will mean no more dry heat and we'll be moving up north to Mt. Rushmore! 
I think the heat is making me cranky, so the sooner we're out of here the better! 
Until then, the river will treat me well...



1 comment: